THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
BUSINESS VISA REQUIREMENTS
Documents for submission:
- Completed visa application with attached photo. The frame size must be 3,5 x 4,5 cm (1 3/8" X 1 3/4"). The Application must be signed by the applicant.
Link to Visa Application https://visa.kdmid.ru/
- Valid national passport. At least two pages of the passport should be free from notes. Passport is to be valid for 6 months after the date of the planned departure from the Russian Federation.
- Photocopy of the ID page of your passport
- An Official letter of invitation or Telex Confirmation.
- INVITATION from the Russian host must be issued by the local office of the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation. The invitations must be submitted in original.
The Telex Confirmation is provided by Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation or by Ministry’s local offices only. Please, check with us (via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) that your visa support has arrived PRIOR to sending documents.
If applying for a multi-entry or double entry visa, it should be specifically mentioned in the Letter of Invitation or in the Telex.
- Money Order payable to the Consulate General of the Russian Federation
- Non-Canadian applicants must provide the copy of the document confirming their current resident status in Canada (PR Card, Landed Document, Work Permit).
- No medical insurance is officially required for Canadian citizens. On the basis of reciprocity mandatory medical insurance is required for the citizens of all Schengen Agreement Member-States.
- Applicants who used to be citizens of the USSR or of the Russian Federation and then emigrated from the USSR or from Russia must submit: one of the documents which confirms that they are no longer citizens of the Russian Federation (i.e. so called "Visa to Israel" or stamp in their passport saying that they left for "permanent residence abroad" before February 6, 1992 or official document certifying that their Russian citizenship was abrogated), otherwise the applications will not be accepted.
Consular Fees for visa processing for Canadian nationals ONLY:
Consular Fees for visa processing for Non-Canadian Nationals
In order to streamline and improve the visa obtaining process the Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Toronto
Please note that all visa application received by mail will be returned to the applicant unprocessed.