THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Documents for submission:
- Completed visa application with attached photo (The frame size must be 3,5 x 4,5 cm (1 3/8" X 1 3/4"). The Application must be signed and dated by the applicant.
Link to Visa Application https://visa.kdmid.ru/
- Valid national passport. At least two pages of the passport should be free from notes. Passport is to be valid for 6 months after the date of the planned departure from the Russian Federation.
- Photocopy of the ID pages of your passport.
- Standard tourist confirmation and voucher for foreign tourists.
CONFIRMATION from the authorized hosting Russian travel agency, registered with the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It carries a REFERENCE-NUMBER of the hosting company (which confirms that this company is allowed to receive foreign tourists), personal data of each tourist, dates of trip, itinerary in Russia, services as paid. CONFIRMATION must be signed by authorized person and carry the official seal of the Russian travel company.
A VOUCHER from Russian hosting tourist company explaining who is traveling, where, when, services as paid. VOUCHER must be signed by authorized person and carry the official seal of the Russian travel company.
- Money Order payable to the Russian Consulate for visa processing.
- Non-Canadian applicants must provide the copy of the document confirming their current resident status in Canada (PR Card, Work or Study Permit)
- No medical insurance is officially required for Canadian citizens. Citizens of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland should submit national medical insurance certificate valid for Russia or guarantee of medical coverage from a Russian hosting organization for all period of stay. Medical insurance certificate should contain Russian contact number for emergency or assistance.
- Applicants who used to be citizens of the USSR or of the Russian Federation and then emigrated from the USSR or from Russia must submit one of the documents which confirms that they are no longer citizens of the Russian Federation (so called "Visa to Israel" or stamp in their passport saying that they left for "permanent residence abroad" before the 6th of February, 1992 or official document certifying that their Russian citizenship was renounced), otherwise the applications will not be accepted.
Consular Service Fees for Canadian nationals ONLY:
- Please allow at least 5 working days between the date when your visa application is submitted to the Consulate General and the actual date of entry to Russia.
- After the visa is picked up it should be verified by the traveler (spelling of the name, dates of travel, passport number, date of birth) and, if necessary, returned to the Consulate for corrections. The Consulate will not bear any responsibility for the errors in visas, which were not brought to its attention before departure from Canada.
Please, Note! Be ready to present the copy of tourist Confirmation to the passport control officer at Russian border.